We take E-Safety very seriously at Lacey Green. Each class from Reception to Year 6 covers a 5 week block of work as part of their Digital Literacy and PSHE curriculum. You can see the types of things we cover by visiting the SWGfL Digital Literacy site (Click Here)
- What parents can do to help keep children safe whilst using the Internet at home
- UK Safer Internet Centre
Below you will find documents and information to help you keep your children safe online at home.
E Safey Guide for Parents (Click Here)
Vodafone E Safety Website: (Click Here)
Keeping young children safe online document (Click Here)
The Internet has become an integral part of children’s lives, enabling them to undertake research for school projects, talk to their friends and access information from around the world. Increasing provision of the Internet in and out of schools brings with it the need to ensure that learners are safe.
Internet development is constantly evolving into ever more innovative areas with many websites enabling amazing creativity and interaction between peers.
Unfortunately though, there are times when Internet use can have a negative effect on children. At Lacey Green we have measures in place to ensure that using the Internet is a positive and safe experience.
Web: Cheshire East E - Safety page (Click here)
CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) - (Click Here)
Net aware: Parents review kids’ social networks, apps & games - www.net-aware.org.uk/
Parents, you can add the safety button- click here to get the download.
http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/5_7/careful/Information for young children to be careful click here
Safe use of our Website
- Children must understand that they can only access the internet in school when an adult is present.
- Children will be made aware not to share their details with anyone else.
- Uploading of any material that could be considered offensive is forbidden.
- Guidelines will be set by the class teacher for participation in class/school blogs and forums, encouraging pupils to comment in a polite and friendly manner.
- Children and parents to be made aware that all use can be monitored and tracked to individual computers using SECRUS software. For more information on our monitoring system in school (click here)The use of computer systems without permission or for inappropriate purposes could constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
Publishing pupil’s images and work
- Photographs that include pupils will be selected carefully and only pupils who have permission will have their images on the website.
- Pupils’ full names will not be used anywhere on the Web site, Social Media or Blog, particularly in association with photographs.
- Written permission from parents or carers is obtained before photographs of pupils are published on the school Web site and/or Social Media