Lacey Green Primary Academy is committed to providing a secure and supportive environment in which children can develop and grow into mature and responsible people. Safeguarding children is a central part of our whole academy approach to ensure that children are protected from abuse and neglect and that every child reaches their full potential. This is achieved by:
- Creating an environment whereby high standards of work, effort and behaviour are expected and rewarded with praise and encouragement.
- Providing a curriculum, which will help all children to develop their full potential.
- Providing appropriate training and learning opportunities to sustain the personal and professional development of all staff, governors and volunteers.
- Developing an academy community where everyone feels valued and secure, shows understanding of others, respects diversity and promotes equality of opportunity and encourages a sense of pride in our academy
- Working in partnership with parents by offering support, information and advice about their child’s learning and development.
All staff (teachers, teaching assistants, midday assistants and admin staff) have completed Basic Awareness of Safeguarding Training.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) in school is Mrs L Dooley.
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads are: Mr S Shaw, Mrs C Jones and Ms S Bacon.
The named Governor for Safeguarding is Mr Adam Taher
All staff recruitment panels include a person who has completed appropriate 'Safer Recruitment in Education' training.
All adults in school are required to wear a Lacey Green Identification Badge, and must sign in at the school office, where they will be required to read a copy of the visitor code of conduct. (A copy of the Visitor Code of Conduct is available to view on this page)
All staff, governors, students and volunteers undertake an Enhanced DBS check, and staff DBS details are kept in a Single Central Record in school.
The Safeguarding Policy (and its related policies) form a central part of the new staff Induction process, and all of these policies are reviewed annually. Please see the policy section of the website and the downloads sections at the bottom of this page (Click Here)
We believe that it is important to make children and young people aware of behaviour towards them that is not acceptable, and our PSHE curriculum supports children in recognising when their personal safety is being compromised.
We are committed to multi-agency working, in order to ensure the best possible outcomes for all of the pupils at Lacey Green Primary Academy.
Useful Contacts / Websites:
NSPCC helpline 0800 136 663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NSPCC Speak out Stay safe: https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/services/speak-out-stay-safe
Think you know website: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
Disrespect Nobody: https://www.disrespectnobody.co.uk/
Useful Support Contact Numbers:
- Women’s Domestic Violence – 0808 2000 247
- Men’s Domestic Violence – 0808 801 0327
- NSPCC 24hr free phone – 0808 800 5000
- Childline – 0800 1111
- Police (if not urgent) – 101
- Women’s Refuge – 0845 155 1485
If you are ever concerned about any child please speak to Mrs Dooley, Mr Shaw, Mrs Jones, Ms Bacon or any member of the Senior Management Team.